The former residence of Arthur Guinness, featuring grand wood panelling and staircases, stained glass windows and even a swimming pool.
Glenmaroon House is a magnificent detached, Tudor style, Edwardian house, one of two interconnected houses backing directly onto Nockmaroon Hill in Dublin. Glenmaroon House was constructed on the edge of Phoenix Park by the Honourable (Arthur) Ernest Guinness in circa 1905 and extended in 1911, as an addition to the original house, previously known as Knockmaroon Lodge located on the south side of Knockmaroon Hill. Both houses were connected via a covered footbridge which has since been replaced by a more modern structure and over time both the North and South houses were renamed, collectively, as Glenmaroon, or Glenmaroon House.
The houses later became part the Holy Angels Convent School and were also connected with the adjoining St. Louise’s Care Centre. The buildings are now vacant.