The Grand Hotel Straubinger was the largest hotel in Bad Gastein until its closure in 1999. The hotel has been disused ever since.
Located on the Gastein waterfall in the spa town of Bad Gastein in the Austrian mountains, the Grand Hotel Straubinger was the largest hotel in the resort with around 200 rooms, along with the associated Haus Austria. Built from 1840 to 1842, the hotel was owned by the Gastein hotelier family Straubinger from 1602 to 1980. Since then and up until its closure in 1999 the hotel was used as a spa hotel for public servants and was owned by the Federal Real Estate Company.
Two Viennese real estate brokers, Franz Duval and architect Franz Wojnarowski bought the Grand Hotel Straubinger in 1999, along with the Haus Austria, the Badeschloss, Kongresshaus and the old post office. Since that time, the buildings sat empty, disused and decaying. In 2017 the buildings were acquired by Land Salzburg, the local authority, who plan to revitalise them.