Hospitals and Asylums
Dr Anna's was the medical surgery and home of a doctor and his wife. Abandoned for 15 years, the house is a time-capsule that still contains all their belongings and medical items.
Le Sanatorium d'Aincourt was a hospital specialising in open-air treatment for tuberculosis. It was the largest such sanatorium to be built in France.
Hospital No. 126 was the general infirmary for Pripyat. The first firemen to respond to the Chernobyl Disaster were taken here and their clothing remains radioactive.
Severalls Asylum opened as a mental hospital in 1913. The simple but elegant buildings contain some amazing corridors and doors. The hospital closed in the early 1990’s.
St Gerards is a small Hospital set up by the Father Hudson Society in Coleshill to provide treatment for children. It became a TB and orthopaedics hospital and closed in 1998.
The Victorian built St Georges hospital opened as a ‘lunatic asylum’ in the late 1850’s. It later became a general purpose NHS hospital until its closure.