Sheffield Old Town Hall and Court House opened in 1700 and was expanded many times until its closure in the 1990s. The building remains disused and listed as at-risk.
George Barnsley & Sons were the world’s largest producer of files and cutting tools for the shoemaking industry, based at the Cornish Works in Sheffield.
The Cannon Brewery in Sheffield was established in 1838 and acquired by William Stones in 1912. Stones bitter was brewed at Cannon until its closure in 1999.