A huge abandoned steel works in Belgium with everything left behind.
History of the abandoned CSGD Steel Works
Steel has been produced at this site since 1836 and the founding company was independent until 1966 when it merged with the Cockerill family of companies who owned many sites throughout France and Belgium.
The plant used liquid steel production techniques and was linked to the neighbouring HF4 blast furnace.
In the 1980s the French plants were closed down and CSGD was left on its own and continued to produce steel until 2008. The global downturn of steel markets saw the site cease production and it was placed on standby. Plans were made to re-open the site three years later, however production never resumed due to a failed merger and the plant was finally closed in 2012.