A small powerplant that supplied a paper mill in Germany, with a nice peppermint green turbine
This little power station was built to provide electricity to an adjacent paper mill. The plants two Steinmüller boilers proudly display dates below their maker’s plates showing boiler one was commissioned in 1954 and boiler two in 1965. The turbine hall features a single Siemens turbine in a lovely shade of peppermint green. A control panel is situated to one end of the turbine, with a wall of gauges and dials to the other end for ancillary systems.
The paper mill and power station were closed in 1999. The power station has fared well, with very few signs of vandalism, while the paper mill itself appears to have been stripped out.