The power plant of a paper mill that closed in 2014 but had been maintained in the hope it would re-open. The mill is now back in use.
The original power plant at Cockerill Sambre’s HF4 Blast Furnace in Charleroi, Belgium contained two turbines, with an additional three turbines in the extension building.
The powerhouse at the Ford assembly plant in Genk, Belgium was later used as a compressor hall. The boilers and control room were still utilised until closure in 2014.
A small powerplant that supplied a paper mill in Germany, with a nice peppermint green turbine
An old power plant on a steel works in Luxembourg with a rare example of a classic gas engine alternator
A Combined Heat and Power Plant of varying ages. The power station provided steam and electricity to the neighbouring Celanese Chemical Works.
The power station provided electricity to the Teesside Steelworks at Redcar. It was fuelled from by-products of the steel making processes.
A long abandoned hydroelectric power station in Italy.
Terre Rouge was a large steel works in Luxembourg. The iron-ore silos remain with a nice reflection in the water below, and the sites power plant, Central Thermique remains.
A small power plant with five old, well preserved turbines. Dating back to the 1930, the plant was part of a large iron works site.