The courthouse in Germany opened around 1910 and contains an amazing maze of staircases.
History of the courthouse
The large courthouse in Düsseldorf, Germany was opened around 1910 to house the Internal Affairs Agency and the District Court. The building closed in 2009 when the justice system transferred the court services to a new building. Since then the building has been stripped back to bare brickwork as part of a renovation project. The building will be reopened as a grand hotel and the central staircase and ornate ceiling will be retained and restored.