Brogyntyn Hall / House of Tears is a grand abandoned hall in the UK. The history of the house is a sad tale involving tragic deaths, suicides and car crashes.
History of the abandoned Brogyntyn Hall, Oswestry
Brogyntyn Hall, sometimes referred to as the House of Tears, was the home of a prestigious family for over 250 years. Built around 1730 and remodelled in 1804, the house has been added to over the years and has seen more than its fair share of sadness.
The house was commissioned by members of the princely dynasty of the Welsh kingdom of Powys. The mansion was passed through the family and the house, along with the title of Lord Harlech, and was inherited in 1985 by Francis Ormsby Gore. Francis was immediately hit with crippling death duties of more than £1 million and had to sell much of the families art and other possessions in order to maintain the property. 
The property and title had been inherited because Lord Harlech’s brother, Julian, had committed suicide by shooting himself in the head at the age of 33. In turn, his father had inherited the property after his own brother had died when his car careered off a country road and hit a telegraph pole.
Lord Harlech’s mother died in a car accident when her car skidded on a wet road and hit another vehicle. In a terrible coincidence, his father died in almost the exact same circumstances nearly 20 years later.
Understandably, with all those sad memories of his time living in the house, Lord Harlech decided to move out. The house was used as a telephone exchange by the military for some time and was sold to developers around 15 years ago. The house has stood empty ever since.