Lackenby Steelworks forms part of the huge Teesside integrated steel-making plant in Redcar which was closed by SSI in 2015.
The power station provided electricity to the Teesside Steelworks at Redcar. It was fuelled from by-products of the steel making processes.
A long abandoned hydroelectric power station in Italy.
An abandoned blast furnace in Belgium with fantastic views from the top across the huge surrounding industrial site.
The power station is part of the HF4 Blast Furnace site and was used to supply electricity directly for steel-making.
Opening in 1972 the steelworks in Sheerness incorporated steel production furnaces and a large rolling mill. The site closed in 2012.
A modern steel works in Belgium that has only recently closed. Lights, computers and machines still operate around the site.
British Celanese was a chemical plant in Spondon near Derby, UK, specialising in cellulose acetate fabrics, nylon based material and vinyl acetate. The factory closed in 2012.
Zeche M / Zeche Heinz is the above-ground coal processing complex of an abandoned coal mine in Germany.
Shoreham Works was established in 1883 to produce cement. The first ever Vickers Armstrong design of rotary kiln was installed in 1940s. The site closed in 1991.