Kestrel Court is an impressive 1800’s rectory with grand medieval styling. Many of the original features including paint schemes and detailing still remain.
The Old Rectory was built in the mid 1800’s as a home for the intended bishop of the area. Designed by architect William White. Commissioned by Dr Samuel Walker, Rector of St Columb in the Gothic revival style, the residence still has many of the original features. The architect went to great lengths while designing the property, even detailing the catches for the windows and doors. Incredibly most of these survive, however the building now stands unoccupied and left to fall into a state of disrepair. Original paint schemes, fire places and staircases are now left to decay.