Tag : Urban Explorer

Latvian Consulate, Chorley

Latvian Consulate, Chorley, Lancashire

The former Latvian Consulate Building in Chorley underwent extensive renovation in 2005 to develop the property into the home of the consul to Latvia.

The Old Rectory, St Columb Major

The Old Rectory, St Columb Major, Cornwall

Kestrel Court is an impressive 1800’s rectory with grand medieval styling. Many of the original features including paint schemes and detailing still remain.

Frimley Park X-Ray Department at Cambridge Military Hospital

Frimley Park X-Ray Department at Cambridge Military Hospital

The fully equipped Radiology department at Cambridge Military Hospital, in perfect condition complete with functional X-Ray machines.

Prison de Loos (Prison H15), Lille, France

Prison de Loos (Prison H15), Lille, France

Prison de Loos is an abandoned prison near Lille in France. The prison could house almost 1500 inmates, and closed in 2011.

Bass Maltings, Sleaford

Bass Maltings, Sleaford

The Bass Maltings in Sleaford opened in the early 20th century and the dominating buildings were used for six decades to produce malt from grain for the production of beer.

Y Heulog Farmhouse

Y Heulog Farmhouse, Wales

A little abandoned farmhouse in Wales, with plenty of items left over hinting at the lives the previous occupants lived.

Teddy Bears Day Nursery at St John’s Asylum, Lincoln

The Nursery at St John’s Asylum is a well preserved section of the hospital with minimal decay and leftover toys and other items, and even kids paintings on the walls.

St John’s Hospital aka County Pauper Lunatic Asylum, Lincoln

St John’s Hospital aka County Pauper Lunatic Asylum, Lincoln

St John’s Asylum in Bracebridge Heath was a mental asylum built in 1852. The grand Italian style building is now a shell of its former greatness.

Jeld Wen Joinery Factory and Timber Yard, Suffolk

A disused joinery factory and timber yard in Suffolk. The factory focused on mill work, producing window components and door cores.

RAF Kirton in Lindsey, North Lincolnshire

RAF Kirton in Lindsey, North Lincolnshire

RAF Kirton Lindsey was opened in the 1940’s. The site was passed between various administrations and finally closed in 2013. Iraq maps and other paperwork hint at its former use.