A steel works in Italy dating back to 1864 and rebuilt after the war, including coke ovens and rolling mills.
Dating back to the 1920s, the industrial site in Corehem, France developed into a huge paper mill complex including several power stations.
Opening in 1965 the Caterpillar plant in Gosselies, Belgium was a huge manufacturing plant. Excavators and parts were assembled until closure in 2016.
The Pulverised Coal Injection Plant was added to the Cockerill-Sambre steel works in Charleroi in the early 1990s. The site became Carsid and was closed in 2008.
An acoustically lined, echo-free chamber that was used for noise testing of jet engines.
Tullis Russel was a paper mill in Glenrothes, Scotland. The Markinch power station was built to provide electricity to the mill.
Dating back to 1804, Tulis Rissell was a papermakers in Scotland. The mill contained large production lines for making paper.
A factory in Harrow that recently closed, Kodak manufactured photographic paper and film. Old turbines in the power house remain
A Combined Heat and Power Plant of varying ages. The power station provided steam and electricity to the neighbouring Celanese Chemical Works.
Lackenby Steelworks forms part of the huge Teesside integrated steel-making plant in Redcar which was closed by SSI in 2015.